Monday 25 April 2011

Son of Artist Matthew Frere-Smith

Wood Carving,
Art.







My name is Timothy Frere-Smith and I am the youngest son of the artist Matthew Frere-Smith.

It has been my life-long ambition to continue the artistic legacy of my father. 

My aim is to create my own artwork in wood-form, influenced by the great man himself but mainly from my imagination, experience and view of the world. Above is a photo of one of my on-going pieces under the collection name of `Wood Spirit'. This is a natural piece of wood found whilst out walking in one of my local valleys(known locally as `The Comb').
As an online trader my work can be found on ebay(webpro5216) so please check my listing site in the near future for completed pieces. Please consider that the above photo is a work-in-progress.

I have kindly received my fathers carving tools now so each item of my own work will have his personal touch to it. I am trully honoured to have the privilege of using my father's wood carving tools and would like to thank my brother Cluade for allowing me to use them.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your orders.


No comments:

Post a Comment